ALL Futsal competition providers across metropolitan and regional Victoria can now apply for formal affiliation with Football Victoria by 21 February 2022.
The Victorian State Government has confirmed that Football Victoria (FV) has formally been recognised as the State Sporting Association (SSA) for Futsal in Victoria.
Following this development, and after assessing the impacts of COVID-19 on the Futsal community, all social and elite Futsal competition providers can now formally apply for formal affiliation with Football Victoria for their competitions, programs and tournaments in 2022.
There are currently many dedicated Futsal providers facilitating Futsal experiences for more than 23,000 participants across the state, including players, referees, coaches and volunteers.
With FV’s strategy and continued commitment to Futsal, Football Victoria will implement a formal ‘unite and support’ framework that will ‘recognise and enable’ ALL Futsal competition providers in Victoria to grow their participation base and strengthen their brand and relationships with their respective local communities including schools, councils and Local Government Authorities across Victoria.
As part of the affiliation program, Football Victoria will provide benefits and services to Futsal competition providers aimed at maximising their potential and providing higher quality Futsal experiences to participants on and off the field.
Affiliation benefits include:
- Formal designation and affiliation with governing body - Football Victoria (FV)
- Marketing support of Futsal and affiliate’s inclusion in the FV Futsal Club/Centre Directory
- Affiliate Centre/Club and players covered under Football Australia’s National Insurance Programme
- Access and engagement with schools via FV and Football Australia programs
- Referee appointments, development and educational opportunities
- Local Government and grant support incl Letters of Support by FV
- Potential event/program hosting opportunities ie School tournaments, State Futsal program trials and training
- Access to model disciplinary process and rules of competition
- Regular engagement, support and guidance from FV regarding Futsal
- Access to FV Player registration system
- Access to FV Competition management system (if required)
- Invitations to participate in statewide events, competitions and F-League
Futsal providers can apply for their affiliation online at the link below. Applications close 21 February, 2022. A virtual onboarding session will then be held for all affiliated Futsal competition providers in March 2022.
FV looks forward to working with all Futsal competition providers and Futsal clubs in 2022. In what will be an exciting year for Futsal in Victoria, the Football Australia National Futsal Championships will also be held in Melbourne, in January 2023.
For any queries regarding the affiliation program, please contact Anthony Grima at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0466 208 213.